Below are brochures, posters, recent articles, public statements and comments from CAPIC, as well as other relevant items from others.
Statements and Responses By CAPIC:
- Oral Comments at the US Dept of Education NACIQI hearing on June 22, 2016, regarding APA/CoA re-accreditation
- CAPIC Written Comment (dated April 8, 2016) to the NACIQI regarding APA/CoA re-accreditation
- CAPIC Formal Response to APA Board (dated August 27, 2015) to the APA Independent Review (aka Hoffman Report).
- CAPIC Public Response (dated August 7, 2015) to the APA Independent Review (aka Hoffman Report).
- CAPIC email to its Membership regarding the Hoffman Report, dated August 8, 2015.
- APA Independent Review (aka Hoffman Report) of July 2, 2015.
- CPA Responses of July 2015 to APA Independent Review
- Basic CAPIC Info (2011)
- CAPIC Tri-Fold Brochure (2016)
- CAPIC 4-Page Info Handout (2010)
- Comparison of APPIC & CAPIC Member Requirements Analysis provided by Charlotte W. Lewis, PhD
- Email to Members dated June 10, 2017 (CAPIC Board Election Ballot)
Email to Members dated May 12, 2017 (2017 Match Count and CAPIC Responses, Dues Changes, BoP Stakeholder Mtg, Call for Nominations)
CAPIC PPT Presentation to Programs Members (@ Annual Member Meetings/Internship Fairs)
Newsletter 2017-01 dated January 1, 2017 (Dec Board Meeting Updates, 2017 Online Match, 2017 Elections)
- Email to Members dated October 10, 2016 (Post-Practicum Externship Program + Postdoc Promotion)
- Newsletter 2016-03 dated September 13, 2016 (Quarterly Board Meeting + 2016-17 Board Elections + Approved Membership Criteria Changes)
- Newsletter 2016-02 dated September 9, 2016 (2017 CAPIC Online Match)
- Newsletter 2016-01 dated September 9, 2016 (2016 Post-Clearinghouse + 2016-17 Membership Dues)
- Newsletter 2015-01 dated October 15, 2015 (Online Match, Internship Fairs, Member Meetings, Etc.)
- Morrison, A., Puliatti, R., Rohde-Brown, J. Kahn, F. (January 2017). Bringing diversity, inclusiveness, and social justice concerns to public awareness: Our experiences at NACIQI and beyond to create change and reclaim our core roles. Symposium panel presentation made at the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology Mid-winter Conference, Long Beach, CA.
- The video of this presentation is also posted here on YouTube.
- Bucky, S., Stolberg, R., Turner, S., & Kimmel, C. (April 2015). Comparison of supervisory characteristics across accrediting bodies and levels of training. Poster presented at the California Psychological Association convention, San Diego, CA. Article publication pending.
- Morrison, A., Schaefer, M., Ribner, N., & Puliatti, R. (January 2015). Training healthcare psychologists: Outcomes from multiple models. Poster presented at the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology Mid-winter Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Schaefer, M.R., (2012). “The Many Faces of Advocacy”, The Los Angeles Psychologist, Jan-Feb 2012: 12-13.
- Schaefer, M.R., Newman, G.H., et al (2011). “Shifting the Paradigm: Alternate Perspectives and solutions to increasing the availability of quality Internships.” TEPP, 5 (4): 209:212. This was CAPIC’s response to Hatcher article in TEPP.
- Hatcher, R.L. (2011). “The internship supply as a common-pool resource: A pathway to managing the imbalance problem.” TEPP, 5 (3): 126-140.
- CAPIC is also briefly mentioned in the March 2012 edition of gradPsych, the magazine of the American Psychological Association Graduate Students (APAGS).
Andrea Morrison, Ph.D. Robert Perl, Psy.D. Melodie Schaefer, Psy.D. Linda Garcia-Shelton, Ph.D. (2009). Dispelling Myths About Part-time Internships: What You Need to Know About CAPIC. APPIC Conference, Portland, Oregon.
Emmons, L., Kenkel, M., Newman, G., Perl, R., Mangione, L., (2006), “A framework for half-time internship training in psychology.” Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, Vol 37 (6), 643-650.
- Emmons, L. (2006). The California Psychology Internship Council. The California Psychologist, July/August 2006, pp. 12 – 15.
- Murray Law, Bridget, (2005). The Half-Time Option. gradPsych, September 2005 (pp. 12-13).
- Murray Law, Bridget, (2005). Considering the half-time internship. Monitor on Psychology, July/August 2005, Vol 36, No. 7 (p.28)
- CAPIC Conference Description, The Half-Time Internship: Coming Into the Mainstream, April 29-30, 2005, Berkeley, CA.
- Daw Holloway, Jennifer (2005). A Push for Part Time. gradPsych, March 2005 (pp. 44-46).
Public Comments on 2017 Implementing Regulations:
Discipline Specific Knowledge (DSK).
Direct Observation (for doctoral programs).
Profession-wide Competencies (PWC).
Use of Annual Reports for Reaffirmation of Accredited Status and Monitoring of Individual Programs (D.4-7(a)).
Use of Narrative Annual Reports for Reaffirmation of Accredited Status and Monitoring of Individual Programs (D.4-7(c))
- Comments by CAPIC Submitted on 02/04/2017 by CAPIC Executive Director, Rene Puliatti, JD
Public Comments to CoA IR D.4-7(b)
- Comments by CAPIC Submitted on 07/01/2014 by CAPIC Board Chair, Melodie Schaefer, PsyD
- Comments by Program Rep, Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC) on 06/30/2014 by Stewart Kiritz, PsyD
CAPIC Public Comments to CoA Implementation of G&P for Accreditation