What is CAPIC?
The California Psychology Internship Council (CAPIC) is an association of clinical psychology doctoral programs and doctoral internship and postdoctoral training sites, predominately throughout the state of California.
The mission of the California Psychology Internship Council is to promote excellence in professional psychology training and mental health services. We do this by:
- Working collaboratively with all the stakeholders and professional psychology organizations in furthering the quality of professional psychology training.
- Serving as a leader in centralizing doctoral internship training and running an annual online match process for students and its internships in California.
- Promoting standards and innovation in professional psychology training to provide clinical services to the state’s diverse communities.
- Collaborating and advocating for access to training stipends for psychology interns and training resources for agencies.
- Developing ethical internship training environments that are sensitive to issues of diversity and culture.