Info on creating and submitting applications is given on the Application Creation and Submission page.
After the Student Application Deadline, internship programs should arrange interviews with student applicants, as desired.
- Internships must consider any application received by the application deadline. Internships then decide for themselves which applicants to interview and later to rank.
- Students should wait for internships to initiate contact with them. Internships have many applications and limited time to interview and evaluate applicants
After the Interview phase, Online Ranking and Matching is then done on our match vendor website: InternFit.
- For the Online Match, internship matches must be made through this online process. An online match constitutes a binding internship agreement.
- Match Ranking opens at February 15, 2021 on the InternFit website.
- Match Ranking deadline is 6:00 PM on March 9, 2021 on the InternFit website.
- Match Results are posted at 8 am on March 12, 2021 on the InternFit website.
- Clearinghouse opens at 12 Noon on March 13, 2021 on the CAPIC website.
- Post-Clearinghouse opens at 12 Noon April 21, 2021 on the CAPIC website.
- After the Online Match, the online ranking and matching process is no longer used. Instead, ranking, offers and acceptances (aka matches) are conducted directly between interested internship programs and students.
- Students must still register with CAPIC, create application materials through CAPIC, and submit applications through CAPIC. This ensures a student’s Doctoral Academic Program is involved in the process. Students should also inform their DCT of any proposed internship arrangements PRIOR to accepting any offers, to ensure the internship meets their doctoral academic program’s requirements.
Match Ranking opens on the InternFit website on February 15, 2021, and runs for about four weeks, closing at 6:00 PM on March 9, 2021.
- Participants must log on to our match vendor’s website, InternFit, to enter their rankings.
Match Ranking closes at 6:00 PM on March 9, 2021.
- Participants may change their priority/ranking choices as often as desired until the Ranking deadline.
- Internships may also change their # of Open Positions/class size as often as desired until the Ranking deadline. The # of Open positions determines the maximum number of possible matches that an internship can accept. The settings in place at the time of the Ranking deadline are the settings used in the match algorithm.
- Participants are not allowed share their ranking intentions, beyond whether or not they intend to rank, period. Any discussion of how one intends to rank should not be shared.
- Participants should rank their choices based on their true preferences, without trying to second guess how the other side might rank them. Available matches are competitive, and a more preferred match could be lost.
- The match algorithm is more fully described on the InternFit website.
- Students remain responsible for ensuring they do not match in both the CAPIC and APPIC match. If a student matches through the APPIC match, she/he must withdraw from the CAPIC match before the Ranking deadline.
- Each student’s final Rank Order List will be combined with the final Rank Order List of their internship programs/tracks.
- The settings in place (i.e. Rank Order Lists and # of Open Positions) at the time of the Ranking deadline are the settings used in the match algorithm.
- InternFit then runs the match algorithm to determine the match results.
CAPIC Match Notification Day is March 12, 2021 (8 am).
- Students and Internships can log in to the InternFit website to obtain their Match results.
- An online match constitutes a binding internship agreement. Congratulations!
- Those who do not match in CAPIC Match are encouraged to participate in CAPIC Clearinghouse.