CAPIC Board Nominations & Elections Schedule:
- May: Formal Call for Nominations sent to CAPIC Program Members from CAPIC Office.
- May – June: Nomination Period for CAPIC Board positions
- June: Nomination Period closes.
- June: Board reviews the nominations and approves the slate of candidates on the election ballot
- June: Election ballot for open CAPIC Board positions is sent to CAPIC Program Members from CAPIC Office.
- June: Election Period for CAPIC Board positions.
- Each Active CAPIC Program Member (i.e. Doctoral Academic, Internship & Postdoctoral Programs) is authorized one vote/ballot.
- Inactive CAPIC programs are not eligible to vote.
- Students are not CAPIC program members and are therefore also not eligible to vote.
- June: Election period closes. CAPIC office tabulates election results.
- July: CAPIC Board certifies the election results.
- July: CAPIC Office announces election Results.
- Terms begin effective July 1, 2017.
View the Board of Director page for more info and the full list of CAPIC Board members.
CAPIC Board Election Process:
The CAPIC Board is elected by its CAPIC Program Members on a rotating basis and serve 3-year* terms. (* Note: Intern/Student reps serve only 1-year terms.) Elections for open positions are held each Spring, and with terms beginning on July 1st, the start of CAPIC’s fiscal year.
There are fourteen (14) positions on the CAPIC board, split evenly between Northern and Southern California. These positions are for Doctoral Academic, Internship, At-Large and Intern/Student representatives.
Below are the criteria for serving on the CAPIC Board:
Criteria to serve on the CAPIC Board (For all Board representatives)
Student Criteria to serve on the CAPIC Board (Supplement for Student/Intern rep)
The CAPIC Board meets quarterly, rotating between Northern (NoCA) and Southern California (SoCA) locations. View the Board of Director page for more info and the full list of CAPIC Board members.