CAPIC Clearinghouse is the roughly 30-day period following the CAPIC Online Match for submitting applications, ranking and matching in the CAPIC online match process.
For the 2017 CAPIC Match, Clearinghouse begins at 12 Noon on April 4, 2017 on the CAPIC website.
Below are the main points of the CAPIC Clearinghouse process.
- During Clearinghouse (and Post-Clearinghouse), complete student application materials are still submitted online. Students’ previously created materials may be used for these submissions.
- The CAPIC website (www.capic.net) continues to provide info on doctoral internship programs still seeking interns.
- Particularly during and after Clearinghouse, it is important for internships to update their profile to ensure an accurate list of participating programs for students.
- For students, those doctoral internships participating in Clearinghouse are listed as “participating in the current match process” once Clearinghouse begins on March 29th.
- Students should submit a normal, complete set of application materials via the CAPIC website to internships where the student is interested in serving an internship.
- Internship programs then contact students directly to arrange interviews and extend doctoral internship offers directly to students, as appropriate.
- Students may also follow-up directly with internships where they are interested in serving.
- Students must inform their DCT of any proposed internship arrangements, to ensure it will meet their doctoral academic program’s requirements. Students must also obtain school approval before accepting any internship offers.
- Once a Student and Internship program form an internship agreement, the internship should inform CAPIC of the internship match via email (to email@example.com).
More info is provided on our Clearinghouse web page.